Could I be pregnant? This is the question on the minds of most women, who are eagerly expecting a child. There are many pregnancy symptoms, and some of them could show up, as early as, the time you’ve missed a period. Some may show up a week or two later. 70% of the women have strong symptoms by the time they’re 6 weeks pregnant. Unless you are keeping track of your menstrual cycle, or if it varies from one month to the other, you may not be sure about when to expect your next period. But if you start to experience some of the symptoms described below, you may be pregnant for sure. Taking a home pregnancy test will tell you for sure if you are pregnant.
1. Mood Swings – Hormonal changes during pregnancy will affect your mood a lot, thereby casing frequent mood swings. Hormones affect the neurotransmitters in the brain, which in turn can cause mood swings. Some women will experience heightened emotions: Good and bad, while others will experience depression and anxiety more often. Some women may feel like harming themselves when such moods arise. If you were not a person like this earlier, it is best to call your healthcare provider immediately.
2. Food Aversions – Newly pregnant women will feel a repulsion towards certain kinds of foodstuff. It may differ according to each woman, but it is quite common among all women who are newly pregnant. It could be a side effect of rapidly increasing levels of estrogen in a woman’s body during pregnancy.
3. Abdominal Bloating – Newly pregnant women may feel having a bloated stomach just like when they are undergoing the monthly periods. The reason for this is the hormonal changes that are prevalent during pregnancy.
4. Tender Breasts – Sensitive, sore breasts are one of the early signs of pregnancy. This is caused by the rising levels of hormones in the body. This discomfort may diminish significantly after the first trimester of pregnancy. Your body will adjust to the hormonal changes during this time, and it will diminish the soreness of the breasts.
5. Nausea – Most women will feel morning sickness after about one month of conception. But some may get it a week or two earlier than that. Pregnancy related nausea or vomiting can begin in the morning, noon or night for that matter. The beginning of the second trimester will give most of the women complete relief from this symptom.